P2P EJ20 Stage 2
Our Stage 2 EJ20 motor is a continuation of the most popular 2.0L motor on the market. The difference between the Stage 1 and Stage 2 engine is the use of a stronger H-tuff rod with a 625+ rod bolt and the introduction of the ½” headstuds. The reason to make this upgrade is for the increased RPM limit that may mean the difference of being able to ride a gear longer into a corner, reducing a shift and saving previous tenths. The larger headstuds also reduce the chances of having headgasket issues and allow for more boost in the higher rpm ranges. Many racers purchase these engines for track use or replacement JDM style OE 2.0 liters. The cases start as EJ205 open decked cases and are then closed decked and the mains are pinned. The closed deck inserts used on this engine are a single piece billet design that is far stronger than a sleeved motor, or a semi-closed deck block. This creates a far superior EJ2.0L than anything provided on the market. As always, the bores are match-honed to each piston, the main bore is perfectly align honed, and the engine is fully assembled and blueprinted to exacting specifications. Just because this is our entry level motor, doesn’t mean we don’t spend the same amount of time perfecting the geometry and creating a truly balanced and blueprinted motor. Our goal is to provide the customer, you, with entry to a level of engine building normally found in super cars and race teams. Our goal is your success, we are not afraid of any problem, and will assist you with any questions.
- Designed for up to 40psi, 625BHP and 8,750rpm
- Closed Decked
- Pinned Mains
- Machined Half Inch Headstuds
- Seasoned Subaru OEM Case Halves precisely bore honed and align honed to exacting dimensions.
- Some manufacturers simply buy case halves from Subaru and drop parts in, that’s not what we do. The pistons are precisely measured and numbered for each bore. The bores are then honed to exactly the right size.
- We also align hone the mains to be within 0.0001” of nominal spec.
- CP Pistons with Upgraded Ring Packs.
- Manley H-Tuff Series Forged Rods or Callies Compstar Rods w/ ARP625+ bolts
- Clevite Coated, ACL, or King Race Bearings for rods and mains.
- Brand New OEM Nitrided Crankshaft.
- New OEM Case Bolts and Seals.
- Rear Cover and Wrist Pin Plugs come standard.
Why Choose our Stage 2 Head Package Over the Competition? All machining, cleaning, and assembling are done by a degreed engineer. We provide a level of artisan craft in our engines only found in race teams and super cars. The experience we bring to our engine program is unparalleled in the industry. We blueprint the entire assembly of the motor to within .0002 of our specs. It is incredibly important to balance your motor to increase the life of your bearings. It is highly recommended to run a Fluidampr/ATI crank pulley or OEM. Do not run an aftermarket solid crank pulley. All of our inspection equipment is high quality, either from Starrett or Mitutoyo, and is sent off yearly for calibration to a qualified cal-lab.